“The ten commandments of marriage”
1. You must be and become the RIGHT person than expecting your spouse to be come the RIGHT person.
2. GIVE and TAKE is a necessity. Let LOVE cover the disagreements which will come in any marriage.
3. Never carry into tomorrow the petty troubles of today. Forgive at the earliest or at least by the end of the day, and then forget.
4. Discuss your disagreements and personal problems with the LORD. Go to HIM for the advice you need. Always take Godly counsel when in need.
5. Try to live within your financial means. Don’t try to copy the life style of some other couple; keep within your income. And be sure to set aside the tithe for the Lord’s work.
6. Keep your love as romantic as possible. Appreciate each other. Express that appreciation in actual love and affection in the home.
7. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER think of divorce as a solution for your marriage problems. You took your vows “until death do us part.” Divorce never settles anything
8. Keep your eyes on the person you have married, and don’t bother looking around for someone else. Wandering eyes benefit no marriage. It opens the door for the enemy to work out his scheme in your marriage.
9. Read God’s Word and pray together every day. To pray together is to stay together.
10. Let Christ shed the love of God in your heart, and you will be sure to have love for each other.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests